Friday, 28 March 2014

Clean Cup, Clean Cup, Move Down!!!!!



I don't know if it's the British in me or the fact that I am completely obsessed with Alice in Wonderland  but I love tea!

There is just something about sitting down with a cup and saucer filled with steaming hot tea that brightens my day!

Just because I love tea doesn't mean I'm not crazy fussy about what teas I do drink so I thought I would share some of the ones I am drinking at the moment and whereabouts I get them from!

My everyday tea has to be Harrods No14 English Breakfast.
For those who don't know Harrods is a famous and large department store in London that is reknowned for being able to purchase anything your heart desires!
Well lets face it my heart desires tea!!
I know what you're thinking but you aren't from London!
You're correct but on my travels a few months back I stumbled across a Harrods section in David Jones's Food Hall and just had to try it and to be honest it was only the name that I was interested in!
But I actually quite enjoyed this tea!
What I like about it is that you don't need to use many tea leaves to make a stronger strength tea so it lasts me a few weeks compared to T2's tea where I was only lasting one and a half weeks per cube box!
The taste is quite different to other English Breakfast tea's I have had in the past it has a slight burnt flavour through the leaves which I normally don't fancy but with the blend of Assam, Ceylon, Darjeeling and Kenyan Teas it really does go well!
Like I mentioned I use loose leaf tea but Harrods teas are available in tea bags but i always prefer the taste of the loose leaf to the prepackaged leaves.
So I found these little guys while adventuring through Daiso....


These are the greatest invention for any tea lover!!
They are tea bags you can fill yourself!
They come in a pack of 100 for only $2.80 from Daiso!
This saved washing out tea strainers and diffusers every time I wanted a drink!
Unfortunately Harrods teas are only available from David Jones in store not online!
Which means I do have to travel a distance every time I am wanting some more tea!
David Jones charges $16.95 for a tin of Harrods tea which isn't too bad for quality tea.

Before stumbling across Harrods teas I was purchasing my tea from T2.
My favourite had to my Hobart Breakfast which is a black tea infused with apples!
It was so good!
But for some reason they changed the tea and it tasted dreadful!
It tasted over brewed and there was no flavour of the apple anymore!
I rang up to enquire about it and they said nothing had changed so I bought two more packets and every time it was just as bad so I stopped buying it from them which was quite disappointing because I found the apple infused into the tea made it really calming and soothing on my stomach first thing in the morning!

But I still do have to occasional tea from T2 like Gorgeous Geisha which is a Jasmine tea infused with strawberry that is great for when you are having a girly day and relaxing while doing your nails it really has a beautiful fragrance and flavour!
T2 generally charge around $13.50 a cube box for their teas but that varies depending on the tea you chose some of the high quality green teas are super expensive so always check the price!
T2 is a great place to get ideas on making iced teas and they always have taste testing area in store!
I know I have gotten some of my favourite tea combinations from exploring the tasting area here!

I am not much of a coffee drinker and when I do I seriously don't sleep for a week, I'm not exaggerating, so instead of coffee I will have a cup of Roasted Dandelion Tea which is suggested to have instead of coffee.
But if you are wanting the taste of coffee this tea isn't going to do the trick it tastes nothing like coffee more like a super strong tea.
But I like it because it is caffeine free so I like to have it later at night so I wont be kept up by a caffeine fix!

All my black teas I do drink with milk and being vegan I opt for some Almond Milk.
I use Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk.
I chose this one because it is probably one of the only Almond Milks on the market that isn't packed full of additives and sweeteners!
But you can get flavoured versions by Blue Diamond like chocolate and vanilla.
I normally use vanilla when baking!

Take time out of your busy day to enjoy a spot of tea!

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo


Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.
(Alice in Wonderland - 2010)




Post a Comment