Monday, 17 March 2014

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Being St. Patricks Day I thought I would share with you Doll's my favourite Irish films....
keep in mind only one is actually an Irish made film the other two are based in Ireland!


Angela's Ashes: This is actually an Irish made film and probably one of the best I have seen.
Based on the novel by Frank McCourt, this film is a heart wrenching true story about a little boy, Francis, who was born in  Brooklyn, New York, but was moved back to Ireland after the death of his infant sister in the 1930s.
The film follows the journey he takes and the struggles he faces being raised in poverty and in a strict catholic home.
This is not a film you want to watch for a happy fluffy feeling but one as an eye opening lesson how blessed we are to be living in a time where children are raised without the stress and worries of these poor children in 1930s Ireland. With the comfort of heating and the choice of food that children then would have only dreamed of.
I loved this film the first time I watched it and every time since I'm a sucker for a good historical film.


P.S. I Love You: This is actually an American film based in Ireland. Based on the novel by Cecelia Ahem, Holly and Gerry are a married couple living in Manhattan when Gerry passes from an illness but he leaves Holly a special surprise which takes her to his home land of Ireland.
This is the most emotional film but so lovely!
It is one of those films you will need a box of tissues on hand!
I don't know if it is because we share the same name but I get so emotional and sympathetic with Holly all the way through this film and I turn into a blubbering mess!
But this film is a must watch!

My last favourite Irish film I couldn't actually find in my collection but it is one of my all time favourite girly films so I just grabbed a picture from Google to show you Doll's...


Leap Year: I adored this film!!
Anna journeys to Ireland to propose to her boyfriend Jeremy to fulfil an Irish tradition where on a leap year a woman can propose to a man but her trip goes completely wrong and she finds herself on a trip of a lifetime!
This film is a great feel good chick flick!
It has laughs and tears and parts that make you go awwww! 
I have watched this movie so much thats probably why I couldn't find it because my DVD copy of it has gone on strike! 

There something about a good Irish set film that gets me sucked in every time! 
The greenness of the Emerald Isle has a special place in my heart! 

So if you're not Irish that's alright go and kiss an Irish...
lucky for me my Fiance´ is half Irish! 

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo
Post a Comment