Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Living The Healthy Life!

Being Vegan I need to have high intakes of fruit and vegetables to make up for vital minerals and vitamins needed in my daily diet and the easiest way I have found to do this is through juicing! 


Juicing is not just for us Vegan's its great for anyone looking at getting fit or just wanting to eat right or wanting to add some extra vitamins and minerals to their diets.

Juicing is great for losing weight, improving your health, boosts energy levels, improves fitness and vitality, fights the effects of ageing and helps with general wellbeing.
But most of all it is a great aid for treating health issues!
Juicing enhances natures natural healing properties! 

I recently got these three books from my lovely Fiance´ for my birthday and I have found them so helpful in knowing the ins and outs and the dos and don'ts of juicing!
I especially have found "The Juice Lady's Guide to Juicing for Health" by Cherie Calbom amazing! It is an A-Z guide to juicing for health issues everything from Alzheimer's all the way to general weight loss!
With this book I have been able to help treat my Depression and some skin issues I have been dealing with for years!
I also have been able to help family members in treating some life threatening diseases which I hope and pray will heal them or at least give them relief! 

Cherie Calbom is an amazing author if you are looking for juicing guides.
She has guides like this one then there are little mini guides like this little fellow pictured above "The Juice Lady's Remedies for Stress and Adrenal Fatigue".
There is a section in the A-Z guide for Stress and Adrenal Fatigue but this other book goes more in depth into the causes and the treatment and even meal plans to help live your life stress free.
She also has many other books and a lot on weight loss if that is what you are interested!
I personally am hanging out for her new book which is being released in May this year which is "Remedies for Asthma and Allergies" I have suffered with Asthma my whole life and I have a terrible allergy to cats that I would love to be able to treat naturally instead of heading straight for the antihistamines.

The last book pictured is from America's leading juicing franchise "The Juice Generation" by Eric Helms.
This is a great book for amazing recipes and some in depth information about minerals and where is best to find them.
It even goes into helping you shop for the right produce for your juices.
But this book is great if you want some more yummy kinds of drinks! 
They even go into smoothies and iced teas so there is a lot of variety! 

All these books were purchased from Booktopia online:


My daily juice generally consists of:
-2 Granny Smith Apples
-2 Nashi Pears
-1/2 Hass Avacado
-5 Carrots
-1" Gingerroot
-7 Strawberries
-1 handful Blueberries
-2 Celery stalks
-1/2 English Cucumber
-LOTS of Baby Spinach Leaves (heaps more then this picture shows)

I generally make enough for two days and store the leftovers in the fridge in a glass mason jar!


I juice with a Kuvings Silent Juicer which is a cold press juicer.
If you are going to juice always make sure you will be using a cold press juicer.
Alternative methods heat up for produce and end up cooking out your vital vitamins and minerals!
Kuvings is sold at Harvey Norman electrical stores but only in selected colours I personally got ours from the Australian Kuvings website for $499.

Juicing has changed my life it helps me feel happy when I'm feeling down, it has healed me to make me feel healthy and restored! 
I can always tell the difference when I miss having my daily juice!
Even my Fiance´is loving it! 
He has his mixed with Almond Milk, Honey and an Egg every morning!
That shows you really don't have to be Vegan to love juicing!

The best thing about Juicing is it makes you glow which is the greatest beauty regime I could have ever started!

Our bodies are temples we need to love them as much as they love us!

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo

Post a Comment