Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Having a Good Nights Sleep!



Through the years I have had all kinds of sleeping disorders from Insomnia to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and going through these times in my life it has taught me a few good ways to get a great nights sleep!

Sometimes it's not a clinical problem that stops us from getting a good nights sleep but just every day life and worries that we can't tune out when we are lying there waiting for the Sandman to sprinkle us with his sleeping dust!

Other than the obvious thing of keeping a healthy diet packed full of vegetables there are a few other tricks I use to have a wonderful sleep! 


Tea is a very powerful thing.
Not only is it great for healing but it is amazingly soothing as well!


These are the best teas I have found for helping with a good nights sleep!
Most nights I will have a cup of Higher Living's Evening tea blend this normally does the trick!
It is made up of a blend of Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Lavender, Peppermint, Lime Tree and Fennel.
It is a very strong, full bodied flavour but it does the trick! 
I tend to only give it a few jiggles of the teabag and thats strong enough for me!

But on those nights that the Sandman does not visit I grab some Organic Chamomile, make sure its the full flowers not the normal teabags you can find these at the health food store, place about a teaspoon into a tea bag, I buy my tea bags from Daiso for $2.80 (shown below), and brew for a couple of minutes and this will generally do the trick!
I find that the chamomile teabags that are available from the supermarket are not potent enough to actually knock me out but the flowers do the trick!
When I was a teenager we actually had a Chamomile bush and I dried my own flowers from that and the dried flowers from the garden worked amazingly! 



The last thing and probably my favourite thing to use is Bach's Rescue Remedy.
This is a homeopathic liquid to help relax and calm you down!
They have a couple of variations and I'm pretty sure that they have a sleep one but I find this one the plain original Rescue Remedy to work the best!
A few drops into my mouth and I feel at ease and relaxed!


Other than products I find creating an atmosphere for sleep is a must!
I try to create a soft and relaxing feel to my room at bed time to let my body know that its time to relax and get ready for sleep.
I have some soft fairy lights above my bed head which I turn on instead of having a bright roof light on and then light a couple of candles a nice cookie scented one relaxes me the most! But remember to not fall asleep without blowing out the candles!
And I tend to read a nice book to calm and relax my mind, as long as it isn't a thriller.
Playing some water sounds like the ocean or a waterfall is also a great way to create an atmosphere of relaxation!

Creating a healthy and tranquil environment is essential for a great nights sleep! 

I hope I have helped give you some ideas for achieving a great nights sleep!

How do you achieve a great nights sleep?
I would love to know your thoughts!

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo
Post a Comment