Sunday, 6 April 2014

How I Achieved My Wedding Hairstyle


I thought I would do a short post on how I achieved my hairstyle for Friday's wedding with what products and equipment I used.

It really is simple and quick to get my luscious locks!



I washed my hair using Moo Goo Shampoo and Conditioner then roughly dried it off with my Parlux hair dryer.



I then sprayed, at the crown only, Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo.
I know that I have freshly washed hair but I find spraying some of this dry shampoo to my roots helps keep body to my hair when it would normally fall flat or limp.

I style my hair with my GHD hair straighter.
I find is easier to style loose curls with my straighteners rather then with a barrel curler.


I pull the hair through and around the straightener and hold for a few seconds to set, then gently release the straighteners and cupped each curl in my hand and sprayed gently with KMS Hair Stay Hair Spray. I keep my hand cupped until hair has cooled and then I release each curl.

To create the loose look like I have where the curls start half way down my hair I actually softly straighten from the roots to almost halfway down and then start to curl.
I like doing this because it gives a more natural or blow-waved look.

Once I reached just below the crown area of each section I teased the roots to create some body at the crown area then I sprayed the teasing to make sure it stayed in place.

Once  my hair is completely curled I smoothed out the crown area where I teased to make sure it is sitting evenly and that there are no frizzy bits and sprayed all my hair in place.

Then grabbing my fringe I loosely twisted it and swept to the side and pinned in place with a bobby pin.
And of course sprayed my fringe in place to make sure there were no fly aways!

Even though it sounds like I used a lot of hair spray I actually didn't because I didn't want my curls to look crispy but I wanted to have more natural flowing locks!

My hair lasted all night with all the crazy stuff we got up to!

I was thinking of doing a video of how I style my hair in the future to make it easier to learn!

I hope everyone has had an amazing Sunday!!

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo
Post a Comment