Friday, 2 May 2014

A Candle in the Wind!



I've mentioned in a previous post that I suffer from depression and even though I keep it well under control every now and then I get a set back and I get to the point where I feel like I am about to have a panic attack.
Being around people intensifies this feeling and I have to go and find a place to hide away to settle myself and get myself into the right state of mind.

I have slowly found some ways to calm myself when I am in this state so I wanted to share them with all my Dolls out there just in case you ever experience something like this and you might find some relief.

Candles:
The thing that helps me the most when I am feeling anxious or depressed is lighting candles.
There is something about watching the flame that soothes me and calms me to the point were I can come out of myself.
But what works even better than just an ordinary candles is a scented candle.
For me any candle that is cookie scented or homemade cooking scented calms me right down I think it's the hint of cinnamon that does it.
My favourites have to be Yankee Candles Christmas Cookie and Dusk's Gingerbread candles.
Unfortunately both of these are Christmas editions so I have to stock up on them or find them online but boy are they worth it.
Another good one is Le Desire's Spiced Pumpkin, which I don't think they make anymore, but this one is a much stronger scent and it fills the house with cinnamon and spice and makes me feel all happy and set to face the world.

Tea:
It is a joke between my Fiancee and I that I will turn into tea one day because I drink that much of it, and yes I'm drinking it right now, but the reason I do drink it so often is because it helps to keep me calm.
I use a couple of different teas to help keep me calm one is Harrod's English Breakfast I can only get this in Melbourne so I do have to stock up when I am in town. I have this most of the time but when normal tea wont help I use some herbal infused teas such as Evening by Higher Living which is a tea to help you sleep but teas that help you sleep are also teas that are infused with calming and relaxing herbs so this does the trick. I also like to have a nice green tea I like ones infused with fruit like T2's Gorgeous Geisha which is infused with strawberries its quite lovely!

Alone Time:
By allowing yourself some cool down time you can get yourself into the right frame of mind.

Blogging:
I have really found that blogging has helped me to express myself and gives me time to share my life and mind with all you Dolls out there. It really helps on a day that I am feeling low.

Music:
There are a few different music styles that have always calmed right down ever since I was a little girl one being classical music that I used to call Ballerina Music and another style is by the composer Joe Hisaishi he is the composer for the Japanese anime company Studio Ghibli.
Creating an atmosphere with the music and the candles and a nice cup of tea helps more than anything! 

Cuddling Under the Blankets:
If all else fails I like to cuddle under the blankets all rugged up with a cup of tea and I watch some of my TV shows.
The feeling of being cocooned under the blankets is just a comforting feeling and it does wonders when in an anxious state. 
But staying in bed is not a good idea I only do this at night time.
Always see the brightness in your day and hop out of bed and experience it!

Even though somedays I feel like a Candle in the Wind so fragile I always have to remind myself of the light in my day.
There is so much great things to live for and experience in this world!

I hope some of these ideas can help you when you're feeling down or anxious.
Always remember that you are loved and are important!

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo

Post a Comment