Friday, 23 May 2014

An Ode to Dad: Happy Birthday Daddy!




Howdy Doody Dolls,

Today is my Daddy's 53rd birthday so today is a Flashback Friday of some of the memorable photos I have with my Dad!

My Dad is the most loving and loyal person you will ever meet.
From the exterior you would expect a rough man but anyone who has the pleasure of knowing him knows the true heart that he has one that a daughter is lucky to be loved by! 


I have had the pleasure of having the worlds best Daddy for the past 26 years and I can't wait to see what adventures lie in store for us in the many many more to come.


My Dad taught me so much over the years. 
My passion for music and dance came from many hours of twirling around the house with him in toe.
Twisting to old records and dancing on toes the moments only a Father and Daughter know about.
Sitting next to me at night after tucking me in to read me stories in crazy voices, which he had to make sure he got each characters correct or I would quickly remind him thats not right Daddy, or singing me songs with guitar in hand.


Running around the house acting like the Ugly Step Sisters with our tooshies sticking out as if we were copying some victorian aristocrat with one of those puffed out dresses.
Laughing our heads off as we danced our own version of line dancing.


Showing me how exactly I should be treated by a man and knowing that I am worth loving.
No one but a Dad can teach you that.


Being there whenever I needed him not only for a loving embrace but for a much needed laugh.
My Dads joking way is what makes my Dad so great there is no one who understands my dry humour as much as him.... probably because he is exactly who I inherited it from.


Happy Birthday Daddy!

I hope you have the best day filled with so much joy and laughter just like the joy and laughter you bring to this world! 

I Love You Daddy!

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo

Post a Comment