Friday, 16 May 2014

Dealing with PMS and Period Pain



Howdy Doody Dolls,

Let's face it all us lovely ladies have to deal with it once in a while so there is no use sweeping it under the rug and acting like it's not there.
Even though a woman's menstrual cycle is treated like a tabu a lot the time some chickadees really don't know how to deal with the pain and the moods that come with the red flag.
So before you head for that pack of Panadol let me tell you about what I have learned over the years.

Being anaemic throughout most of my teenaged years you can guess I had long painful periods that would be close to unbearable but one of my brothers was friends with a Turkish family and they gave a handy tip that has helped me to this day.
Cinnamon Tea ok so I hate the taste of cinnamon like a lot of people do but this is worth putting up with the taste because it really works.
What I do its a grab a cinnamon stick break it half and soak it in a cup of green tea, I don't do this for long because the flavour will take hold, add a drop of cold water to make it cool enough to drink and I sip away within the hour the pain starts to ease my mood settles and I feel relaxed and at ease again.
This has really done the trick for me and I will head for the pantry instead of the medicine cabinet every time! 

Another friend of mine is my trusty wheat bag I keep this nice and warm and apply it to relieve to pain and discomfort the warmth is so soothing for those aching joints.
I don't know if it's just me but my joints tend to ache not only my belly so warmth is a must for me.
I just throw it is the microwave for a few minutes and I'm good to go.

A healthy diet is a must to maintain regular and maintainable cycles I noticed a huge difference when I made the choice to become Vegan I had always had an irregular cycle and it lasted for two weeks but once I got myself eating healthy I can know to the exact day as to when it will come and it will only last the week its a relief to have everything working properly.

Making sure you are having a good multivitamin is a good idea too.
Vitamin B plays a key role in the production of beneficial prostaglandins that relax the uterine muscles and keep cramps under control.
Calcium and Manganese have been shown to work together to improve the mood and lessen the pain.
Omega 3 and 6 help with menstrual discomfort.
Vitamin C and bioflavoniods work together to lessen bleeding.

Also sleep and exercise are essential for maintaining hormone balance.
Exercising three times a week can reduce menstrual pain and cramping and also produces endorphins to help with your mood.
Having a poor sleep routine can cause the hormones to go out of whack and thats when you start craving, weight gain and bloating also having a good sleep helps the body be less vulnerable to pain.

I have also found juicing has helped immensely. 
Juicing has shown to diminish menstrual problems and it cleanses the liver to help eliminate bloating and other menstrual difficulties.

And Chocolate helps everything ain't that the truth! 

I hope I have been able to help even a little bit to relive any discomfort.

Have any other suggestions I would love to hear them just comment below! 

Take Care Dolls and Love! 
xo
Post a Comment