Monday, 26 May 2014

Must Read Monday: The Classics with a Twist!



Howdy Doody Dolls,

Today is my 100th post so I will do it on something I love doing...

I love reading I spend many a hour with my head in a book and I love finding new and exciting things to read to keep my mind active and my imagination flowing.
I also find that reading helps a lot with my blogging to give me ideas on what to write and also pointers on sentence structure and vocabulary and all that fun stuff.

But sometimes I'm a little naughty and I'll buy a book intending to read it and it will get forgotten about until one day when I have ran out of things to read I'll pick it up and give it a go.

This is one of those books....


Everyone knows and loves Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and the love story between the beautiful Elizabeth Bennet and the knight in shining armour Mr Darcy.
If you haven't had the pleasure of reading the book I bet you have watched at least one version of the many movie adaptions available.

But what if things weren't rosy in sunny old England and what if there was some sort of Apocalypse?

In comes Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. 


To read this you would think you are tracing the pages of the classic Jane Austen novel until you hit phrases like "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." instead of "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife" you know you are up for more than a beautiful love story.

Elizabeth Bennet plays a strong and capable young lady, similarly to the original version, who is not in need of any man to take care of her even if that means hacking off a few zombie heads on the way.

Mr Darcy an arrogant man of high society comes along in the midst of this outbreak as if to play with the strings of Elizabeths heart during a time where she needs to have her whits about her.

Will young love thrive or will swarms of the undead tear apart these young lovers before they have a chance to pursue any of their feelings?

This novel is filled with action, romance, comedy, sword fights, cannibalism and thousands of rotting corpses.
This is not a read for the faint hearted after a loving romance novel but for those after some action and some adventure filled with laughter and some sneaky little giggles.

If you can get your hands on a copy it is well worth the read! 

Have you already read it? If so what did you think?

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo


Post a Comment