Saturday, 17 May 2014

Vegan and Gluten Free Almond Spiced Cookies



Hi Dolls!

So I got given a variety of different flours the other day which meant I had a lot more things to play with so I searched long and hard for ideas  of what to make.
One of the flours was Coconut Flour which can be used to replace egg in Vegan cooking so I thought thats the winner I'll give that a whirl.

So I came up with this recipe which was inspired by another recipe from The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions they used a few things I didn't like and I added more things to the mix.
So lets get into it...

What you are going to need is:

1 Cup of Coconut Flour
100ml of Hot Water
1/2 Cup of Almonds, chopped
1/2 Cup of Almond Butter
1/2 Cup of Apple Sauce
1/2 Cup of Sugar 
1 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon of All Spice
2 Teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups of Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder

So start by preheating the oven at 180ºC or 350ºF and line a large cookie sheet with baking paper.
Thoroughly combine Coconut Flour and Water in a large bowl until it forms a paste, I did need to add more water to mine!
Stir in the Almonds and Almond Butter, Sugar, Spices, Applesauce and Vanilla.
Sift in Flour and Baking Powder on top and stir until combined.
Divide mixture into two teaspoon sized heaps roll and hand and flatten on the cookie sheet. Cookies will not spread much when baking.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
And they are all ready to eat! 

I love a good spiced flavour and the apple adds a warm homely taste to it.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo

Post a Comment