Saturday, 7 June 2014

Baking with Holly: Chocolate Cake!



Hi Dolls,

I'm standing in my kitchen contemplating what I could make this weekend and finally remembered an old recipe my Mum used to make when we were kids for our birthdays.
It is a fail proof quick and easy recipe that any one can make and it only take half an hour to bake.

So you are going to need:

-2 Dessertspoons of Cocoa
-3 Tablespoons of Butter (melted)
-1 Cup of Sugar
-1 Cup of Self Raising Flour 
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
-2 Eggs

Preheat the oven at 180ºC or 356ºF.
Line a cake tin with grease proof paper and set aside.
Melt butter (I used a vegan spread) and add to a medium sized mixing bowl and add in Cocoa and mix until combined.
Then add all ingredients and stir together until thoroughly mixed.
(I used a vegan egg replacer if you are going for a vegan version and I also used a Gluten Free Self Raising Flour to make it Gluten Free.)
Pour the cake batter into lined cake tin and add to preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean when checking the cake.
Set aside to cool in the tin before removing.
Remove from tin and sit on a wire rack to completely cool before icing.

I did not ice my cake only because I prefer a plainer cake but if you are wanting to make a basic icing mixture its a simple cocoa, icing sugar and water mixture until you get the right consistency.

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo
Post a Comment