Saturday, 21 June 2014

Baking with Holly: Honey Jumble Biscuits!



Hi Dolls, 

So I spent the day cooking again yesterday and this weekend I had a hankering for something with a ginger flavour. I find ginger such a warm and homely taste and scent and I wanted to bring warmth to my home in this cold Winter weather.

When I was a kid I loved these biscuits I think Arnotts made them and they had pink and yellow icing on top and I would have eaten the lot if I was allowed to.
Because I loved them so much my Mum used to make her own version of them for me and I have to say they were much better than the store bought version.
So when I saw this recipe in my searching I just had  to make them.

What you're going to need is:

- 40g Butter (I used Vegetable Spread)
-1/2 cup Honey
-1 cup Plain Flour (I used Gluten Free All Purpose Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 teaspoon each of Ground Ginger and Mixed Spice
- 4 teaspoons Milk

So to start you will have to preheat the oven at 180ºC or 375ºF.
In a small saucepan place Butter and Honey on a low heat. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
Allow mixture to cool slightly.
In a medium bowl add sifted Flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, Ginger and Mixed Spice and combine with Butter and Honey mixture and combine.
Gradually add Milk stirring until well combined and the mixture has formed a dough.
Set aside to cool. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
Roll into sausages and cut into required lengths.
Place on a lined cookie tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until biscuits begin to crack.
Allow to cool on a wire rack and your biscuits are ready to eat!


I hope you are all having a great weekend! 

Take Care Dolls and Love! 
xo

Post a Comment