Saturday, 14 June 2014

Baking with Holly: Hot Chocolate Cookies!



Hi Dolls,

I've been busy cooking up a storm all ready to devour this weekend and one goody I made was so yummy and unique that I just had to share it with you all.

These beauties are called Hot Chocolate Cookies and they are based on a Spanish Hot Chocolate but I slightly changed the recipe to leave out a couple of ingredients because I didn't know about them to start with but now I'm curious to try them.

What you're going to need is:

1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (I used a Vegan replacement, Nuttelex)
100g Dark Chocolate, chopped
2 Eggs (I used a Vegan Egg Replacer)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Firmly Packed Cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup of Caster Sugar
1 3/4 Cups of Plain Flour (I used a Gluten Free Plain Flour)
1/2 Cup of Cocoa
1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon

and I left out
1 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper

To start preheat the oven at 180ºC or 356ºF.
Melt Butter and Chocolate together and set aside to cool slightly.
In a medium bowl whisk Sugars, Eggs and Vanilla with an Electric Mixer until pale and thick.
Add Chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
Add sifted Flour, Cocoa and Spices and fold in to mixture.
Fold in extra Chocolate if you would like to have nice big chunks of chocolate through your cookies.

Take tablespoon sized amounts of the mixture and roll into balls and set on a lined cookie sheet and place in the oven for 14 minutes and rotate then place back in the oven until completely cooked.
Let cool on the tray for 5 minutes and then move to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container.

I wasn't sure what they would taste like with the cinnamon in chocolate cookies but these cookies are so yummy my Fiancée and I couldn't stop gobbling them up.
I wouldn't mind trying a little of the chilli in them next time to see what they would be like.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo
Post a Comment