Sunday, 1 June 2014

Baking with Holly: Scrumptious Muesli Bars!



Hi Dolls,

The past couple of weeks I have been searching for a form of muesli bars that are vegan and also wheat free but the only choices I came across were not appetising in the slightest.
So after spending too much time and money on the options available in stores I decided it was time to make my own version and boy am I glad I did.

I spent a while looking through the muesli section and finally found one that was a fruit and nut version but is also gluten and wheat free.

What you are going to need is:

-1 cup of Muesli
-1/4 cup of Golden Sryup
-1/4 cup of Peanut Butter.

I used a peanut and cocoa spread by Mayvers which is 100% organic and is also an Australian company.

Taking a slice tin line with grease proof paper and set aside.
In a saucepan melt Golden Syrup and Peanut butter.
In a medium bowl add Muesli and pour in the melted ingredients and stir until completely combined.
Spread mixture into the lined tin and press the mixture down to make sure it is firmly together.
Then all you have to do is place it in the fridge for 30mins and you are ready to eat! 


I chopped mine up into small fingers and stored them in a air tight container with a piece of grease proof paper separating the muesli bars so that they don't stick together.

These are so quick  and so easy that any one will be able to make them and they are a much healthier version to the store bought versions.

If you don't want to use Golden Syrup feel free to use Honey or Agave Nectar what ever is your personal preference just as long as its nice and sticky to hold the bars together.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! 

Take Care Dolls and Love! 
xo  


Post a Comment