Friday, 20 June 2014

Book Review: The Hunger Games



Hi Dolls,

You might already know that I am a little obsessed with books and I seriously have my nose in a book all the time this is something I inherited from my Dad... the bookworm gene!

I had The Hunger Games sitting on my shelf for years and never touched it now I have read them I don't know what I was waiting for.
One of my cousins started telling me that I had to read them and kept on raving about how good they are but I still didn't listen, and i'm sorry I didn't listen Katie xo.
So after talking to her again on Mothers Day I finally went home dusted off the pages and started to read this series.

That brings me to this book review...

The Hunger Games, the bestselling novel by Suzanne Collins, is a action packed thrill ride that had me on the edge of my seat.... or bed .... or bench wherever this book took me I was on the edge.
I ploughed through this book I was reading while cooking dinner, reading while eating, reading while talking to my fiancĂ©e ok you get it I couldn't stop reading this book! 
I think it took me two days to read it only because I did have to go out and do stuff in between.

This story follows a girl, Katniss, who was raised in district 12 in the country of Panem, formally the US, fighting to stay alive from the threat of starvation.
Good thing she's a fighter and a hunter because around the corner awaits the much dreaded Hunger Games a game to entertain the snobs up in the Capital and the remind the people of the Districts where their place is and that they will never try a rebellion against the Capitol again.
But the Capital wasn't ready for The Girl On Fire.

We adventure from the Districts into the Capitol with our tributes and watch them prepare for the fight of their lives. Then journey with them as they enter the arena to fight it out in the Hunger Games. 

This book is full of characters you can't help to love and others that you love to hate but most of all there is Peeta the loveable fellow tribute from District 12 he keeps the story pulling at the heartstrings and makes you wish that you too were Katniss Everdeen.

454 pages of thrills and spills that will suck you in from the first page.

If you are not one who finds it easy to read a book I promise that you will enjoy this one there is not a moment in this book for you to grow bored or loose interest.

This is a Young Adults Utopian novel but personally that's the exact genre that keeps me wanting to read more.

I would recommend this book to anyone and if you loved the movies then it's a must read for you because you will love the books even more.

I rate this book... 5/5

Have you had a chance to read The Hunger Games yet? If so what did you think?

Take Care Dolls and Love! 
xo
Post a Comment