Sunday, 29 June 2014

Bride Magazine Wedding Expo Melbourne!



Hi Dolls,

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending the 2014 Bride Magazine Wedding Expo.
I have to admit I was not interested in this expo at all, like all other wedding expo's, there has been no useful information for getting married overseas or for getting married in New Zealand.
But this year they had one stand that I really have been hanging out to visit the Queenstown Wedding Association.

For those of you who don't already know my Fiancée proposed to me on top of one of the snow capped mountains in Queenstown, New Zealand. Because of this we are wanting to continue our commitment of forever over in Queenstown in an intimate wedding.
So to be able to talk face to face with someone who works and lives in Queenstown and has their business there too was so exciting to me.
It is really hard to be able to find good detailed information about weddings and venues online and half the time the photos are so photoshopped that they look nothing like they are portrayed online in person.

So we spent about half an hour talking to a wedding planner who was full of wonderful information and ideas. She opened our minds to things that we had not thought of before and other options that would benefit us better.

One thing we were really oncerned about was making sure our ceremony would be recognised as a legal marriage for when we get home and she went through in great detail all the forms and applications we have to do to make sure we are going to have a marriage recognised by the Australian government.

She also helped us with venue choices.
I had in mind on venue but after talking to her about the size of the venue it became obvious that it would be way too large for the small intimate wedding we would be having.
So she gave us some great options for a reception venue and I think we have decided exactly where it is we would like to get married.

I feel like I could prattle on about this one stand forever but I guess you are wondering what else was there and to be honest the rest of the expo was not really that good.
It was mostly stores on photographers and wedding bands and photobooths.
I was hoping there would have been some cake ideas but there was one stand and their cakes were nothing to the standard I would want for my wedding cake.

They did though have a Bridal Fashion Show which showcased all the gowns of the season which were beautiful but being there with my amazing Fiancée I didn't want to be looking at dresses and letting him see what style I would be interested in I really want to keep everything a surprise for him.
But I do have a couple of photos for you all to look at...









I have to say a lot of the dresses that were advertised were very Gatsby inspired and there was a lot of lace and beading some were just mindblowingly beautiful.

This will probably we the last Wedding Expo we attend like I said they are generally not useful for us being based in Melbourne.
We had a great time talking to the girls at the QWA stand and we both can't wait to get married amongst the beauty of Queenstown and it's people.

Did any of you attend this wedding expo this weekend? Or maybe another ?

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! 

Take Care Dolls and Love,
xo
Post a Comment