Saturday, 28 June 2014

Food Diaries: Vegan Fried Rice!



Hi Dolls,

I have a love for Asian cuisine and so does my Fiancée so I tend to cook a lot of Asian variants and one the most popular dishes is fried rice and I have been making my version for years and everyone always loves it and compliments on the flavour. So I thought I would share the recipe with you.

What you are going to need:
- Jasmine Rice
-Spring Onions
-Carrot
-Capsicum
-Peas
-Corn
-Oyster Sauce
-Soya Sauce
-Ginger
-Garlic
-Sesame Oil
-Sweet Sherry

So in the morning I prepare the rice and cook it till almost soft then line a tray with some paper bags and then place rice onto the tray and smooth out and then cover with some paper towels and place in the fridge for the day to go hard.

Then when ready to have dinner I dice up some capsicum and carrot and get some frozen peas and corn and precook it until almost cooked.
Then grab a small jug and place in  some Oyster Sauce ( I use a vegan version made from Mushrooms), Soya Sauce, Ginger, Garlic, Sweet Sherry and a dash of sesame oil and mix together and let sit to let the flavours infuse.

Then take a frypan and place a dash of peanut oil into the base and warm the oil.
Then take the prepared vegetables and place them into the frypan and stir-fry them until warmed through and then add prepared rice mix through and then add the sauce and mix well.
Add some chopped spring onion and warm through.

And all that is left to do is enjoy this yummy dish.

Of course you can add egg and bacon and make it a normal version of fried rice I used to before I was vegan!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo
Post a Comment