Monday, 2 June 2014

Movie Review: Maleficent!



Howdy Dolls,

I have waited so long for this movie, and trust me patience is not my forte, after waiting so long you are always hoping that a movie wont be a let down and that it will be worth its hype and worth every second you waited.
And my waiting was rewarded!

Last night my Fiancee and I went and saw Maleficent at our local cinema to my amazement the cinema was almost empty don't people know how wonderful this movie is going to be!!!

Sitting and waiting for the long and drawn out trailers and ads to finish is worse than waiting the few  years since the initial movie announcement.

Finally the movie starts with its stereotyped Disney introduction with Sleeping Beauty's castle and the shooting star around the top and thats when I noticed that the castle was different it was shot from a different angle and this got me all giddy knowing that this movie is going to be nothing that I have seen before.

Starting in a beautiful fantasy filled kingdom teaming with all sorts of mystical creatures from pixies to tree people is where we first meet the young Maleficent, a beautiful little girl who takes care and loves every aspect of her kingdom.
Until one day she meets a small human boy who becomes her friend or so she thinks as the years go by disaster strikes and she realises what greed can do to a person and this is where we get to the iconic curse that is placed over the beautiful baby Aurora the story goes on as we have known in the past but as the movie continues a few truths begin to come out and the story that has been told to us about Maleficent has been changed forever.

I loved this movie!
It has been a very long time since I have come out of a movie saying that was fantastic and that I wanted to see it again.
I loved the characters and the quirky personalities.
I loved the costumes and the unique make up of Maleficent.
The CGI was so high quality that there was no point where I thought that what I was watching had been made up rather than filmed live.
Most of all I loved the story line by adapting this iconic fairy tale and spinning it into a complete different approach to villains has opened up a whole new world of Disney that has not been seen before.

The two hours flew past I commented to my Fiancee that it didn't even feel like we had been there five minutes it kept us captivated the whole time even he agreed!

Saying all this I would have to say that it may be a little dark for smaller children there are some scary looking creatures throughout the course of this movie that might frighten the faint hearted.

I would rate this a 10/10 I loved it!

This is a must see and I can't wait to see it again! 

Have you seen it yet? If so what did you think?

Take Care Dolls and Love! 
xo

Post a Comment