Monday, 9 June 2014

Queen's Birthday: My Favourites British Edition!



Howdy Dolls,

Here in Australia its a public holiday to celebrate the birthday of or Queen, Queen Elizabeth II, and I thought that this would be the perfect time to tell you all the things I love about Britain.

My family is British my Grandparents were born and raised in Nottingham and immigrated to Australia in the late 1959 and then in the 70s my Mum lived there so I have been raised to have an appreciation for all things British.

Mushy Peas:


I'm pretty sure if you weren't raised eating mushy peas you would find them ghastly and unappetising but this little lady can't get enough. 
Mix it with a heap of mint sauce and it is heaven in my tummy!

The Spice Girls:


Being a girl from the 90s I loved the Spice Girls I had a room decked out in everything and anything Spice Girls related. 
I spent my time belting out Spice Girls tunes and even taught my Dad the full dance to Stop!
I am not ashamed to admit that I loved this girl power filled group and I still do.

Hello Kitty:

I don't know if I have let it be known to you all before but I am obsessed with Hello Kitty.
When we went to Thailand a few years back I went crazy because literally every second store was a Hello Kitty store filled with every accessory you could think of.
Even big brands had there own Hello Kitty merchandise.
Hello Kitty was created in London but most people think she is Japanese because she is such a iconic Japanese character but she's British through and through.

CiatĂȘ:


One of the worlds leading nail polish brands is also from sunny ole England.
CiatĂȘ is on of the best nail polish brands available and one of my personal favourites! 
They beautiful colours and textured polishes available make them such a sort after brand.
But their new caviar ranges stand high above the rest they are in a league of their own.

The Beatles:


One of my all time favourite bands is of course The Beatles.
There has been no one that can compare to their music although many have tried no one has the knack to belt out LSD fuelled songs just like The Beatles.
My favourite songs would have to by Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Something.

The Duchess of Cambridge:


Kate is my style icon she is a symbol of elegance and beauty no matter what she is in it is always  filled with class and beauty.
My daily hairstyle is modelled from her luscious locks.
Beauty beyond compare.

Tea:


My love of Tea, Fine China and High Tea Parties is something I could have only inherited from the Queen herself this is why I am sure that I have to be royalty! 
I may not have blue blood but my taste buds sure do I can always be found with a nice steaming hot cup of tea in hand.

Downton Abbey:


I know I am an old soul but I can't get enough of Downton Abbey! 
Give me a timeless period piece and I am in my glee.
I love the countryside, the characters, the buildings and the storyline I can't wait for this to come back on so I can find out what happens next!

Sleek Make up:


One of the best budget cosmetic companies on the market is Sleek Makeup and it is worth every penny!
I have a few of their eye palettes and their colours are amazingly pigmented and stay on unlike a lot of other budget brands.
I have yet to be disappointed with Sleek.

I could literally go on forever about how great Britain is and their exports but I guess all good things must come to an end so I must end it here!

What do you Dolls love about Britain??

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo
Post a Comment