Tuesday, 10 June 2014

The Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle!



Hi Dolls,

I'm a firm believer of you are what you eat and what you do and thats probably why I am so hard on myself and follow such a strict lifestyle but the benefits of the lifestyle I follow is beyond compare.

You may or may not of picked up through previous posts that I am Vegan and I also follow a Gluten Free diet this choice came about from a few health issues which have now sorted themselves out.

Veganism gets a bad rap we are stereotyped being hardcore animal rights protestors or a community of hippies living out in the bush but the truth is most of us are nothing like that at all we are purely on the diet for the health benefits.

In my daily food intake I will have a large amount of produce to make sure I get enough protein, nutrients and vitamins which  consist of Kale, Spinach, Brussel Sprouts, Potato, Apples, Pears, Cucumber, Carrots, Ginger, Fennel, Blueberries, Strawberries, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Asparagus, Mushrooms, Legumes and much much more.
I will either have them cooked up or juiced what ever way is easiest to get into my system.

You might think this is a drastic change but the little bit more effort it takes to cook up a few more different veggies is worth it to get the benefits that I have with the high amount of plant based produce I consume.
I was quite ill with bowel problems, stomach problems, blood problems and menstrual problems which I am happy to say I no longer suffer from.
After being on the diet for a month my whole system went into alignment and everything started happening exactly how it is meant to.

I am in no way saying everyone should be vegan because not everyone has that in them but by tweaking your diet just slightly and learning the difference between good fats and bad fats you can turn your life around.

I also mentioned that I follow a Gluten Free diet this is not a necessity it is a choice in a lot of research I have done with nutrition I have found the health issues with eating high amounts of gluten along with the effect it has on the gut and mind.
Sometimes a little research uncovers a lot you wouldn't realise!

I'm going to be annoying now and say exercise is essential.
I know it isn't fun to do ... well that's my thoughts ... but you need it to keep everything working in your system.
My Grandmother has not left her seat very much in the last 20 years and she is now paying for it with vital organs not operating properly and this is only because there is not movement to keep everything moving around through your body.

I personally do Pilates I find this so beneficial for my body I started it five years ago when I injured my back badly at work and part of my rehabilitation was clinical Pilates and I am so glad I discovered it.
I no longer do clinical Pilates but a more exercise based version.
I actually follow a YouTuber called Blogilates and she is amazing! 
She has help with diet if you are needing that as well as cardio and Pilates workouts.
Some of the workouts only last five minutes and others half an hour so there is something for every time limit you have in your day.
I only exercise three times a week and I now that people  will be shocked with that and wonder why I don't do it every day and the answer is I physically can't with my back injury I have to have that break to let my back recover from the workout.
I tend to chose more floor based stretching workouts and when you see her demonstrating the workouts you will think its so easy and not much of a workout but its not until you try it and you see the benefits you will see the amazing benefits of Pilates.

I am also the kind of person who likes to deal with mental health as well and spend time treating what is going on in my mind and heart.
A person with a negative perspective will have negative results in health and wellbeing.
If you have a lot of negativity around you there will be a higher chance that your health will go downhill compared to those who keep a positive mindset.
I like to take myself out of a negative situation if it gets too much so that it doesn't rub off on me and my health and mind.
Also spending time is solitude can help calm yourself and reset and prepare you for what lies ahead.

Not only will a healthy lifestyle improve your health but its the best beauty product you will ever use.
You skin will benefit from living healthy and you hair and nails also will benefit.
I used to have bad acne and nails that were so fragile they wouldn't grow at all but now I only get the occasional pimple and my nails are now nice and long (well compared to what they used to be).
You can spend hundreds on trying to clear your skin but the answer is sometimes as simple as a lifestyle change.

I have a passion for health and wellbeing so I can really get carried away but I truly believe that a lot of people are not educated in healthy living and believe that eating healthy is following a weight watchers diet (those products are no good let me say that).
If I have information that could help some people I love to share it if I help just one person to change for the better that would bring me great joy.

Always live life with love in your heart, good food in your belly and a positive mind!

Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo


Post a Comment