Thursday, 24 July 2014

A Little About Me and a Liebster Award!



Hi Dolls,

I got a lovely message from the beautiful Natalie from Yours Truly, NY  who sent her love told me that she nominated me for a Liebster Award. I have been nominated a few times but I like to keep answering your questions and sharing a little more about me with you all.

And I also got a nomination from the beautiful Emma from Peace.Love.Vintage so I have combined them both here!

So what is entailed in this nomination post is I have to tell you all 11 facts about myself and answer 11 questions that Natalie has given me and normally I am meant to nominate 11 lovely bloggers but I'm not going to do the last part only because I have done it before and they would be the same people I would nominate again.

11 Facts About Me:

1. This year I have been with my Fiancé for a decade how time flies.
2. I am Vegan and also have a strict diet due to a form of Diabetes and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
3. I am the youngest in my family and I still live at home with my parents and my dog.
4. I am very strict on finances it has become a joke at our house that I wont spend money if I can help it.
5. I am a bookworm I read all the time and if I had a choice of watching a movie or reading a book I would choose a book every time.
6. I have an obsession with pastel decor I love frilly and fancy pieces and my kitchen is filled with lolly jars and bunnies and cupcakes lots of cute decor.
7. I am a qualified hairdresser but due to a work injury I had to leave the industry.
8. I love everything Japanese, the food, the clothes, the people, the culture and the anime.
9. I am addicted to tea I literally drink it all day. My Fiancé says that if they ever juiced me all that will come out would be tea.
10. I had twin brother and sister that were born premature and did not survive so I have been named the miracle child in our house.
11. I am very much an introvert I will choose to stay in my hermit shell than go out any day.

Questions from Natalie:

1. What's your pet peeves?
I seriously cannot stand people slurping like a cup of tea or soup and they slurp I don't like the sound it annoys me like crazy! 

2. What's your ambition? 
I would love to be a professional blogger and also an online entrepreneur but most of all to be the best wife in the world and to be able to move to Queenstown in New Zealand.

 3. Worst date story.
To tell you the truth I have never had a bad date. I have been with my Fiancé since I was 16 and he is the only one I ever went on dates with I guess I'm lucky.

4. What's your favourite ice-cream flavour?
There is this gelato store on Lygon Street in Fitzroy near Melbourne, Australia, who makes the greatest Italian gelato and the Apple Pie flavour is the greatest thing I have ever tasted. period.

5. If you could relive a day in your life again, which day would you like to relive again?
I would choose the day my Fiancé proposed to me.
It was in Queenstown, New Zealand, and he organised for a helicopter to take up to a snow capped mountain and while up there he asked me to be his forever we had the greatest time on that trip it was amazing not only because he proposed but it was the greatest holiday I had ever had.

6. Which celebrity would you like to be for a day?
This one was the hardest for me I know it's weird but I don't really think about this kind of thing.
But maybe I would like to be Emma Stone I find her hilarious and really down to earth.

7. Who is your favourite Disney Princess?
Now this is my kind of question haha I am the biggest kid ever.
I would have to say Belle I have always loved her when I was little I used to dress up as her. My Mum made a dress for me that looked exactly like her yellow ball gown it was amazing and I always had it on. I think I also like that she is the only brunette, well she was when I was little, and she also shows that sometimes the right man is not always 'Prince Charming' and Mr Perfect he might have a beast that he needs to fight. But my Prince Charming he is Mr Perfect haha! 

8. What's you favourite app at the moment?
Now you are going to see how much of a kid I really am.
I am addicted to Kitty Kawaii.
Basically it's Farmville but with Hello Kitty and her Sanrio friends!
I can't get over the cuteness.

9. What makes you unique?
I am an old soul people my age are into the new and best of everything and I'm still sitting in front of my record player listening to LP's of the Beatles.
I also have a dress sense that is not typically what people would wear where I live I like to get inspiration from Japanese culture rather then the western culture.

10. What's your ideal date?
The greatest date I have had and it would have to be my ideal date was going to the Onsen Hot Pools in Queenstown. They are traditional Japanese hot tubs which over look the mountains on Queenstown and we got chocolate, wine and grapes served to us while we were there it was so perfect.

11. Favourite cuisine.
If you haven't already noticed I love Japanese food.
We have a Japanese restaurant about 15 minutes away and when we can afford it we like to treat ourselves to lunch there and get a lovely bento box.
But once a year for our anniversary we head into Melbourne and have dinner at the Nobu which is a Japanese Peruvian infusion it is amazing!

Questions from Emma:

1. What is your favourite Beauty Brand?
I have favourites for different reasons.
I love Too Faced they make  the most beautiful palettes and mascaras.
I also love MAC for their lipsticks.
But I love Chanel for their foundation.

2. Which skincare item could you not live without?
I am loving Neways am-pm combo creams.

3. Do you practice a fill cleansing routine each day?
Yes, I use a matching product from Neways to cleanse.

4. Do you prefer a real suntan or a bottled one?
Neither, I love to embrace my pale skin.

5. What is your favourite Song? 
I have a couple.
My hype song is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by the Beatles 
and a song that I can't get enough of is Just Like Heaven by The Cure.
I know I'm an old soul... but if you want to know a newer song I have had stuck in my head it's Dark Horse by Katy Perry.

6. If you had no fears, what is the first thing you would do?
Snowboarding. 
My Fiancé took me to New Zealand to the snow fields in Queenstown and I was that scared that I ended up in tears and I was back in the car half an hour later. I felt awful, it was all he wanted to do and I was too scared.

7. What do you love most about blogging?
Sharing my life with the world and meeting those people I make a connection with.

8. Who is your favourite blogger/ youtuber?
I have a few...
-Zoella
-Sprinkle of Glitter
and
-WatchUsLiveAndStuff

9. What's your favourite food?
Japanese, especially Nasu Miso (Eggplant cooked in a Miso sauce)

10. Do you have Instagram?
Yes, @hollydolly88.

11. What is your favourite season?
Winter hands down.

Thank you so much for all the love you all show me through your views, your comments and your subscriptions. You all deserve this award more than anyone else! 
I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Take Care Dolls and Love.
xo
Post a Comment