Sunday, 20 July 2014

Book Review: The Hunger Games - Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins



Hi Dolls,

I realised this morning that I hadn't done a book review in ages even though I have been ploughing through books I just have been so preoccupied with other wonderful posts that I have forgotten all about all the wonderful books I have been reading and have been wanting to share with all of you.

This is one that I am sure all of you have read but I joined the bandwagon late and loved it that much I finish the series in a week.

I know you all have probably seen the movie by now and you know what goes on but the book was so much better and much more in-depth, like they always are.

So we finish up in The Hunger Games with Peeta and Katniss in a rift and no longer talking to each other after Peeta has found out that Katniss was only using their partnership as a way to win the Games. Fast forward to Catching Fire...

Katniss is greeted by a surprise visit from President Snow, in her home in District 12, where Snow warns her that she needs to convince him of this union between Peeta and herself before it is too late but Katniss and Peeta are about to head off on the Victors Tour through the Districts on Panem, just like all previous Victors. But this time is different, slowly as they are going from District to District they start to notice a fire brewing and slowly erupting into an uprising. Through all this tension and anger forming through the Districts Katniss is desperately trying to keep her promise to Snow.
Back in the Capital, President Snow is aware of the effect that Katniss is having on the rebels and realises something is needing to be done and quickly.
So the 75th Hunger Games is formed and all previous Victors are thrown in to the Tribute pull and like always one boy and one girl are entered into the Arena to fight to the death.
Not to ruin the ending for anyone but somehow Katniss is rescued and taken to the nonexistent District 13 but her beloved Peeta has been captured and taken to the Capital with some of the other Victors.

That is where we leave Katniss at the end of Catching Fire and you can see how I couldn't wait to read Mockingjay to find out what happens to Peeta and Katniss.

This book was another action packed thrill ride full of love and sadness this is a book, like all others in this series, that pulls at those heart strings and keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next.
Suzanne Collins writes in a way that brings all the characters and the story to life in front of your eyes and makes you feel as though you are actually there in the arena witnessing all that is happening and making you want to jump in and help.

This was probably my favourite of all the three books in the series I love the bond that all the characters have formed in this book and the way they all handle entering the arena once again.
If you are used to reading a book filled with romance and young love you might be surprised that you will love this. Not only do you get a great love story but you also get an adventure like no other.
I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good Young Adult read.

My Rating:

I would read this again and again!

What books are you loving at the moment??
Let me know and help give me some new ideas on some books to read!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo
Post a Comment