Saturday, 26 July 2014

Food Diaries: Blueberry and White Chocolate Muffins!



Hi Dolls, 

I know I know I cook a lot of muffins but can you blame me they are so good!

So this week I managed to get blueberries one sale quite cheap, which is a rarity, so I was racking my brain as to what I could create with these delicious berries and every time I think of blueberries my mind just jumps to warm blueberry muffins fresh from the oven cut open with a tiny bit of melted butter. But because I have only just made blueberry muffins I thought I would try some a little different.
So thats when I found the white chocolate in the cupboard and thought "perfect!"

So as always I will do two sets of ingredient lists, one with a vegan/ gluten-free/ diabetic version and another version for all those normal people out there!

What you will need for the vegan/ gluten-free/ diabetic version is:

1/2 cup of Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup of Nuttelex (vegan butter), melted
1/4 cup of Almond Milk
The equivalent to 1 Egg using Egg Replacer
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1 teaspoon of Lemon Zest (or more if you like a stronger taste)
1 cup Gluten Free Plain Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of Gluten Free Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon of Salt 
1/2 cup of Sweet Williams White Chocolate with Strawberry Pieces (or just the white chocolate if you prefer), chopped
3/4 cup of Blueberries

And if you are cooking the standard version you will need:

1/2 cup of Sugar
1/4 cup of Butter, melted 
1/4 cup of Milk
1 Egg
1 teaspoon of Vanilla 
1 teaspoon of Lemon Zest (or more if you like a stronger taste)
1 cup of Plain Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder 
1/4 teaspoon of Salt
1/2 cup of White Chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup of Blueberries

Now we are going to preheat the oven at 180ºC or 350ºF.
Prepare a muffin tray with muffin cases and set aside for later.
In a medium bowl, Sift Flour, Baking Powder and Salt and combine.
In a jug combine Sugar, melted Butter, Milk, egg and Vanilla.
Once combined add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently.
If the mixture is still quite thick you can always add a little more Milk.
Fold in White Chocolate and Blueberries, be sure not to break the blueberries.
Spoon mixture into muffin cases and place in the oven for 15-20mins or until skewer test is clean.
Cool on wire racks and then they are good to eat.


I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! 
Take Care Dolls and Love! 
xo
Post a Comment