Saturday, 19 July 2014

Food Diaries: Chocolate and Blueberry Muffins!



Hi Dolls, 

So you have probably noticed that I love muffins it's a little bit of an obsession but they are just so good and I can't get enough.
So when I was deciding what to bake for our weekend I thought to myself well I like Blueberry Muffins and I like Chocolate Muffins so why not mix them together and make one type of muffin.
Like always I will give the ingredients for a Vegan, Gluten Free and Diabetes Friendly and a standard version using easy to get ingredients.

So you are going to need for the Vegan, Gluten Free and Diabetes Version:

1 3/4 Cup of Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3/4 Cup of Coconut Sugar
1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips (I used Sweet Williams Diabetic Chocolate)
1 Cup of Almond Milk
Egg Replacer to the equivalent of 1 egg
1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil 
1 Cup of Blueberries

What you will need for a standard recipe:

1/3/4 Cups of Plain Flour
4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1/4 Cup of Cocoa
1/2 Cup of Caster Sugar
1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
1 Cups of Milk
1 Egg
1/4 Cup of Canola Oil
1 Cup of Blueberries

Start by preheating the oven to 180ºC or 356ºF and prepare a muffin tray with muffin cases and set aside.
Sift Flour, Baking Powder and Cocoa and then mix in Sugar and Chocolate Chips and make a well in the centre of dry ingredients.
Add Milk, Egg and Oil to the centre of the well and mix together, be sure not to over mix the muffin mixture because muffins will go tough if you do so.
Fold in Blueberries and we are ready to pop them into the muffin cases.
Spoon mixture into muffin cases and place into the oven for 20 minutes or until brown and springy to touch.
Cool on a wire rack and then they are good to eat!


These tasted better than I thought they were so good the perfect balance of chocolate and berries! 

I hope you are all having a great weekend! 

Take Care Dolls and Love! 
xo
Post a Comment