Saturday, 12 July 2014

Food Diaries: Orange and Chocolate Chip Muffins!



Howdy Dolls,

I was in the car yesterday thinking about orange cake for some reason and then that started to trail off to Choc-Orange flavoured cakes and I thought why not make some muffins that are Choc-Orange.

The recipe I made up is for a Gluten-Free, Vegan and Diabetic friendly cake but I have included a standard recipe as well as my version.

So what you are going to need for my version of the recipe is:

-1 1/2 cups of Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
-1/2 cup Almond Meal
-1/2  cup of Coconut Sugar 
-1 tablespoon of Orange Rind
-60g Vegan friendly butter such as Nuttelex 
-1/2 cup of Almond Milk
-Egg Replacer for the amount of 2 Eggs 
-1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 block of Sweet William Milk Chocolate with Stevia, chopped 

or if you are wanting to make a basic version of this recipe you will need:
-1 1/2 cups of Self Raising Flour
-1/2 cup Almond Flour
-1/2 Caster Sugar
-1 tablespoon of Orange Rind
-60g of Butter
-1/2 cup of Milk
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
-1/2 cup of Orange Juice
- 1 cup of Chocolate chips

You are going to start by preheating the oven at 180ºC or 356ºF.
In a medium bowl mix together Flour, Almond Meal, Sugar and Rind.
Then rub in the butter.
Stir together in a small jug Milk, Eggs and Juice and then add to the flour mixture and combine.
Finally stir in  the Chocolate Chips.
Now spoon muffin mixture into prepared muffin cases and pop into the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked.
Place on a wire rack to cool. 


This recipe only made 6 large muffins which is perfect for my Fiancé and I for a weekend but if you are need to make more just double the mixture!

I hope you are having a great weekend! 

Take Care Dolls and Love! 
xo 
Post a Comment