Monday, 21 July 2014

Manicure Monday: French Tips!



Hi Dolls,

Today's post is a little later than normal because I have spent the day with my Sister in law at her school and I wanted to tell you guys all about it.

My Sister in law, Sam, is doing a course in nails and me being the beauty fan that I am offered to be a model whenever she is needing the hands to practice on and today was the day.
So off Scott and I trot to Melbourne, which is about a 45 minute drive, to the Baxter Institute to have a day of pampering and to spend some well needed quality time with our Sister in law.

I have been so  excited for today I haven't had a pamper day in years so it was really exciting to be treated to a little beauty day.
Sam has just started her acrylic nail component in her course so we decided to play around with a french manicure.
For those of you that don't know what a french manicure is it is a white tipped finish on your nails.

So she set to work filing and buffing my nails and preparing them for the tips to be stuck on.
I had forgotten how much was involved in getting acrylics attached to your nails it has been years since I have done mine I have so much respect for nail technicians for the patience they have every day to sit there filing away.
Next came the tips, which is not an easy task with my teeny tiny nails and trying to match the right sized tips but we finally found ones to fit and we were good to go with the acrylic.
This part has always amazed me how they actually get the acrylic to work by dunking a brush in some fluid and then into a powder and then like magic it transforms into a acrylic bead and it is smeared across your nail to create the shape of false nails.
Then the final shaping and buffing and we are all done and ready to prance around town showing the world our beautiful nails!

Amongst chitter, chatter, filing and buffing Sam worked her magic and gave me a beautiful finish that I could never have achieved myself. 

I forgot how beautiful fake nails can look even with a plain french manicure they look so feminine and last so much longer than me attempting to paint my nails every week.



I would like to take this time to tell you how much students in beauty schools appreciate volunteers it makes learning the trade so much more fun and easier to learn when you have a person to practice on.
All beauty schools have an in-house salon where you can go in and pay a small amount and be someones model for the day and I think it is better to be giving your time and money to someone who is learning and showing them that there are people who are willing to give them a go.
When I was in beauty school the hours I got to spend with clients taught me more than the many hours spent in a classroom behind a mannequin head. If you know someone who is learning a trade see if they need someone to practice on because it is so hard when you are needing to do a assessment and you have no one willing to be your model.

Thanks Sam for a great day and for making me feel so pretty xo!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo
Post a Comment