Thursday, 17 July 2014

TBT: My Hairdressing Days!



Hi Dolls,

I don't know if I have ever told you but I am actually a qualified hairdresser and I was trained in one of Australia's top Salons but due to unforeseen circumstances I am no longer in the industry but I had some amazing experiences when I was working in the industry and I thought it would be great to share it with you all.

I worked for Joh Bailey Salons in Chadstone in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne in one of our major department stores.
The Salons were beautiful designed all identical Australia wide in black and white.


For all my Doll's out there who don't know who Joh Bailey is he is an Australian Celebrity Hairdresser and being employed by a Celebrity Hairdresser meant that I would be invited to events throughout the fashion industry.

In the time I worked for him I did events like Marie Claire Fashion Shoots, Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival, Morning Show appearances, Football Events, Fashion Shows, Project Runway Australia and more.

But one of my favourite events I had the pleasure of working at was the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival which is Melbourne's most prestigious event full of fashion and fun and I was blessed to work in the Emirates marquee in the Powder Room to maintain the hair of several celebrities such as Megan Gale, Jennifer Hawkins and Melissa George to name a few.
Miss Australia and the face of Myer Jennifer Hawkins and Myself.

Sorry about the poor quality photo the lighting in the Powder Room was awful! 

As part of the Spring Racing Carnival I had to appear on Morning TV to promote the Emirates Marquee. So I was filmed blow waving the hair of models for the morning what an easy way to spend the day.

The Emirates Marquee is known for its beauty and for being the place to be for all the rich and famous but I only managed to get a couple of photos but let me tell you they do no justice for the beauty and class that this marquee held.


I didn't manage to get photos of all the other events I attended and now I look back and regret not stopping for a second and capturing that moment.
Unfortunately Joh Bailey closed it's Melbourne Salons and I had to relocate and after spending years travelling two hours to work every morning and night I chose to work locally in a little country Salon and I have to say it was probably a bad choice I didn't get to express myself creatively compared to when I was in a up market salon but they still had one event that was worth being part of.

In my final year of working in the industry I was asked to do the hair for Melbourne's Fashion Week which meant early mornings and fast paced shifts but to see the catwalk after all the work you put in it is worth everything.




I am thankful for the time I had in the industry it gave me the knowledge of beauty and hair that I have today and that I can share with everyone of you! 

There are a lot of good and bad things about being in the beauty industry but being able to experience the world of fashion from back stage is one of the greatest experiences that anyone could ever have! 

Are any of you in the beauty industry if so what are your expertise? 

Take Care Dolls and Love! 
xo
Post a Comment