Sunday, 27 July 2014

What I've learnt so far ... wedding edition!



Hi Dolls,

I have been busy the past week planning a pre wedding trip to Queenstown for a couple of days to go and look at venues and to talk to the wedding decorator. I have been busily answering emails from a heap of different companies and trying to plan everything to fit in with the short time we will be there.
In most circumstances it has been easy and there has been no trouble but there has been a couple of things that I have noticed since I have been planning this trip.

Because the only way I can communicate with the companies is via email this leaves things open for interpretation and it sometimes takes a few emails to try and get my point across.
Another thing with emailing I have found is if you number each question you want to ask you will have a higher chance of the company answering all your questions. I have emailed one place in particular I asked quite a few questions and they didn't answer anything other than can I book a time with you, which was quite frustrating.

I have also learnt that if I am wanting a particular company used for my wedding I have to get in early.
Most of the companies I have been dealing with are basically booked out and it's still six months until we go over there.

Have ideas of what you are wanting before you talk to companies. I am so indecisive on what styles I want or how I want my hair and make up but I have found that I really should be having things planned or at least a couple of photos ready so that I can give them to the companies so they can get a heads up on what they are going to be expected to do.

Have a diary handy so that you can make sure that you are budgeting you time perfectly and make sure to remember you have travel times in between all the appointments as well.
There would be nothing worse than booking everything and then finding out that you have double booked or you haven't allowed yourself enough time for travelling.

 But the most important thing I've learnt so far is how nice people can be. I emailed one company, Absolutely Fabulous Hair, and she has been the most helpful and the nicest person I have had the pleasure of dealing with to date.
I love to see that there are still people out there that are willing to go out of their way to help you no matter what even though you have never met the person they are still doing everything they can to help you to there full capacity and even more.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!! 
Live your life with love in your heart and help bring joy to those around you!

Take Care Dolls and Love! 
xo
Post a Comment