Wednesday, 3 September 2014

A Little Wedding Update....



Hi Dolls, 

So this week has been a major week for our wedding planning and during my crazy schedule today I wanted to take some time to tell you all what's been going on in the world of Holly and Scott.

So on Thursday I had my first bookings made for the search of 'the dress'. 
First I went to a boutique in Moonee Ponds, which is in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, called Fairytale Bridal. I really wasn't expecting much from this place, I had my heart set on the next place on Brunswick Street, which is the bridal destination in Melbourne. 
But I went in prepared, I had an exact photo of what I wanted my dress to look like and the features I wanted on the dress, everything down to the detail in the fabric. I knew what I wanted.
The lady understood me completely and off she toddled to find me my dress. 

She emerged with three dresses, each one didn't catch my eye but she convinced me to try them on.
She grabbed the first dress and  the accessories and we hopped into the change room. 
The first dress I tried on... was 'the dress'.

I proceeded to try on the remaining dresses but each one just didn't have that wow factor that the first one had. I guess it was meant to be, the first place I looked and the first dress I tried on was 'the dress'.
So that meant I had to cancel my other appointment, at that dream store.

I had already bought my wedding shoes online so I was able to try on dresses with the exact shoes that I will be wearing on the day. 
They are Giuseppe Zanotti and they retail for $900, but because a lady bought the wrong size, I got them for $150! Bargain!

Fast forward to Monday, we started looking around the mens suit stores. We went to Harrolds and tried on some Tom Ford but it just didn't say wow. 
So we headed over to Hugo Boss and an hour later emerged with 'the suit'.
Scott looked amazing, as soon as I saw him I knew that is how I wanted to see him on out wedding day. A dream.

Our next step is heading over to New Zealand in the new year for a couple of days for a little planning trip. To look at venues and to talk to the venders. Some super exciting stuff ahead! 

I hope you all are having an amazing day! 

Take Care Dolls and Love,
xo 
Post a Comment